New ideas for a profitable publication
Every publication is different, but even small or unusual publications can be profitable. In the third episode of the Paywall Podcast, 6 Examples of Successful Publication & Product Launches, Pete, Jeremy, share diverse examples of publishers who found creative ways to generate revenue.
Our featured publishers include:
- A local, political news source that added an all-access archive level for past, detailed reporting;
- A live concert producer that sells individual access to streaming live events;
- A regional, daily e-newsletter that curates local news, events, social media, photography, and commentary for donations and sponsorships;
- An 100-year-old, hyperlocal print publication who leveraged strong community ties to a successful digital publication;
- A hobby opinion site that became a serious revenue source because it found the right readers;
- A sports blog-turned-sponsored-publication that harnesses reader engagement to gather email addresses.
Whether you want to launch a new product or have an idea of how to share your expertise or opinion, your publication can launch successfully.
Did you miss our past episodes?
Our inaugural episode, Why have a paywall?, will give you answers to some of the first questions we hear when we start talking to digital publishers, with real-life examples from publishers of every style, size, and market.
The second episode of the Paywall Podcast, How to set up your paywall to convert more paying subscribers, provides detailed explanations of the four most successful paywall approaches — free registration, free/paid trial, metered-hybrid paywall, and ‘super premium’ level — and how they can work together.
Every episode provides bonus guidance on common publisher questions and issues, like:
- evolving your digital advertising,
- building your email list,
- dealing with paywall dodgers,
- creating premium content, and
- why you need a mobile app.
Stay tuned for the next episode of the Paywall Podcast, available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.