A profile of a successful publication
Every profitable publication is born out of a wealth of experience that can be shared. In this episode of the Paywall Podcast, Interview with Street Photography Magazine, Pete sits down with Bob, the founder of Street Photography Magazine, to discuss the journey and strategies that built its success.
Key takeaways include:
- How to start a successful web magazine from your passion project;
- Early mistakes to avoid;
- How understanding your readers leads to paid subscribers;
- Strategies for your issues, paywall, blog, and apps, such as:
- leveraging the power of social sharing;
- using a free issue to sell your subscriptions;
- the pros and cons of PDFs;
- whether you need to add a print issue of your digital magazine;
- why you need an app;
- The benefits of launching a podcast;
- Examples of premium content and creating other revenue sources for the future.
Street Photography Magazine is born from a years of experience and any publisher can adopt and adapt that experience for your own publication.
Did you miss our past episodes?
Our past issues – Why have a paywall?, How to set up your paywall to convert more paying subscribers, 6 examples of successful publication & product launches – answer common publisher questions, provides explanations on making the most of your paywall, and show off how other unique publishers have found success.
Stay tuned for the next episode of the Paywall Podcast, available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.