Learn how to quickly create a linked banner ad and publish it into your sidebar.
This method breaks down into a few simple steps:
- In your Dashboard create a draft ad Page for this and future ad work
- Upload the display ad image and insert it into your ad page
- Link the image to your advertisor’s site (you probably want to center it)
- Add any supporting text to go with your ad if needed (next to or below the image)
- When you are happy with the ad click the HTML tab and copy the ad code you just created
- Goto Appearance > Widgets and add a Text Widget into your sidebar
- Paste in the code into your text widget (you don’t need a title)
- Preview your ad
- Wha-la! you have a nicely formatted ad in your sidebar
- and you have your ad saved under Pages for future use
Watch the classic (but still valid) video below for a step by step guide on how to do this.
Edit: If you need an even easier way to manage and track ads, check out our Ad Dropper plugin.
If you are running a local news site and looking for a new revenue stream check out our new LiveMarket platform.