More subscriptions, less stress
Paid subscriptions are a key revenue source for most publications. Fortunately, there are any number of easy promotions and strategies a publisher can run to increase those crucial subscriptions.
In this episode of the Paywall Podcast, How To Generate More Paid Subscriptions With Promotions, Pete, Jeremy, and Tyler go through a list of 10+ promotions and strategies and how best to implement them.
The list of tools kicks off with the foundational measure of a free registration level, before moving on to a number of other possibilities from coupons to free or paid trials to giveaways to name-your-price promotions.
The ten strategies go in-depth on the best placements and timings for your promotion messaging, including emails, pop-ups, subscription nags, even articles and product bundles.
Key takeaways include:
- Using deadlines and limited quantities to instill a sense of urgency for every promotion;
- The benefits of being open with readers about how your publication is funded (they probably know less than you assume);
- The importance of your email list in building a relationship with your readers;
- Using “the honeymoon period” right after they sign-up to promote upgrades to premium or special subscription levels;
- Making your publication part of the story you tell;
- Oh, and did we mention the bit about how every promotion needs a deadline? It’s worth repeating.
Any or all of these tools and strategies can work together to grow your paid subscription base and they can be accomplished through simple means or set-it-and-forget-it automation. Just give them a try.
Miss an episode?
Our past episodes – Why have a paywall?, How to set up your paywall to convert more paying subscribers, 6 examples of successful publication & product launches, An interview with Street Photography Magazine – answer common publisher questions, provide explanations on making the most of your paywall, show off how other unique publishers have found success, and profile the growth of a successful publication.
Stay tuned for the next episode of the Paywall Podcast, available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Podcasts.