QZ.COM’s reasons for adding an App:
- Notifications: Quartz want to reach readers with push notifications
- Advertising, 42% of readers are on mobile web
- Native apps are preferred by 89% of the general reading public
- Give them the ability to get closer to their best readers
- Provide a convenient way for readers to watch video and listen to audio
If you’re not familiar with Quartz, it is quickly becoming one of the leading digital news sites. This is a must-read article (link below) if you are debating whether an App is the right choice for your digital publication.
Quartz sees its readers’ behaviors evolving, so it’s evolving with them: It’s launching its first major app >A Q&A with Quartz publisher Jay Lauf about the business site’s forthcoming app, adblocking, Quartz’s potential sale, and more.
Source: Niemen Lab, a journalism lab founded at Harvard University that studies the “Internet Age”.
Need help setting up an App for your WordPress site? Check out Unipress, (which allows you to publish to Apple and Android devices with one WordPress dashboard), and see if it’s right for you.