Chatting With the Experts
Digital subscriptions are an issue critical to the world of publishing. So it’s not surprising that it would be a popular topic for discussion.
That’s why ZEEN101’s Pete Ericson sat down for a chat with Vahe Arabian of the State of Digital Publishing podcast.
The podcast runs for about 50 minutes and discusses monetizing your content, growing your audience, and the possibilities that new tech offers for both print and digital subscriptions.
If you’re in a rush, here are a few key takeaways:
- 50% or more of readership is happening on mobile devices – which is why having a digital issue and an integrated app is important.
- About 60% of websites are built on WordPress – and there’s a reason for that. It’s a powerhouse of a platform with a ton of flexibility and, crucially, the best set up for metering and monetizing your content.
- Publishers should be aggressively building their email lists as a prime source for their sales funnel, both print and digital.
Other topics covered include:
- How does Pete see the current state of subscription management solutions?
- What are the tech trends that Pete sees?
- Is how people consume content affecting subscription management?
- Has ZEEN101 built products that can be used as WordPress plugins?
- When publishers want to go online and take subscriptions they are generally surprised by how many new subscribers come onboard.
- How does legacy content effect digital subscriptions?
- What are some growth strategies that publishers use?
- Why are paywalls the way to go?
- You do need to give your readership some free content.
- Local publishers have the opportunity to be the go-to solution for local content.
- Pete discusses the benefits of creating special issue content.
- What are the potential opportunities for local publishers?
- What are some creative ways to monetize content?
- What new products and services are ZEEN101 working on and offering?
Want to know more about how ZEEN101 can boost your digital subscriptions? Let’s chat.